Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Food Crawl continued....

I have made a couple AMAZING things to eat this summer. I made 2 things this week and I will share one of them today. It tasted amazing but I don't think I made it right. I can't wait to make it again. I got a cookbook from my friend,Kelli for my birthday. It was from a restaraunt we went to in Nashville called The Loveless Cafe. Such great food!

I made the Suppertime Beef Casserole

1 (7 ounce) package macaroni and cheese
1 pound ground beef
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 (10 ounce) can onion soup
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the package directions. Brown the ground beef with the garlic in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until crumbly, drain. Add the soup and prepared macaroni and cheese. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into a 2 Qt. casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes.

Keep in mind this is a southern recipe so it is not diet friendly. I used steamed broccoli as a side dish to make myself feel better. Matt loved it! Every day since then he says, " I wish we still had some of that macaroni casserole." :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment