Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kindergarten

So many emotions today. I can't believe five and a half years ago I was driving to the hospital to pick up my girl and today I took her to Kindergarten. She was so excited! She cried last night because she said she was going to miss all of the things that we would do together when she was in school. I put on my cheerleader face and told her of all of the fun things that she would get to do in Kindergarten, including one of them being ME being her music teacher!

I have taught at Legacy and Sunshine over 13 years and I never thought that I would be fortunate enough to have Ivy go to school there. I used to watch kids walk into school and think ,"Man, I would love to see Ivy in that uniform." Today was the day. I started to walk to the car, getting teared up, thanking God for Lucy, that I still have one at home. Again, a reminder that He granted me the desires of my heart. If I didn't have Lucy then today would have been much harder. Even in the pang of sadness that I feel in my heavy heart today, there are so many things that I'm thankful for. God is good....all the time.




New friends
Aunt Hollie came for my support. :)
Hugging Daddy goodbye
Ivy's new teacher, Mrs. Ottaviano
Last wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment