Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet the Teacher Night

I can't believe that it is finally here. My first born entering Kindergarten. In one sense I don't want tomorrow to come. In another sense, it needs to come because the anticipation of it is killing me. It seems like yesterday, we got the call that Ivy was being born. Now five and a half years later things are changing so fast. Ivy is the girl I love spending the most time with. She is a shopper, she gets my humor, we enjoy the same things, I enjoy our chats and now she will be at school. I am beyond blessed that her teacher is my friend Sabra. Sabra loves Kindergarten like I have never seen. She is so loving with the kids. I told someone yesterday that I feel like a Kindergarten teacher should be half "loving mom" and half "formal teacher" and I feel like that is Sabra. Ivy has already learned to say "Mrs. Ottaviano" and is soooo excited!Here is her new friend Kalea. They sit at the same table.

She sits in the front row, seat 1. I love it. She is right in the action.
It was different going to school as a parent. I have been to 13 Meet the Teacher Nights at Legacy, always as the teacher. I felt so blessed last night having my family there as I was teacher/parent. I have a feeling it is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment