Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DIY Burlap Fabric Banner

 I have been wanting to try my hand at a burlap banner for some time.  I thought that I would use the materials that I already had for my first one (sewing can be an expensive hobby!)  I cut out what I wanted my banner to look like using parchment paper plus I added one inch at the top so I could fold it over my ribbon to sew it together.
 I painted the letters MILK on them.  I wanted to have it say something that would go in the kitchen area but also have something to do with the family so MILK was perfect. (Matt, Ivy,Lucy, Kelli...MILK)
 I took ribbon I already had.  It was too wide so I cut it in half and then sewed the 2 pieces together.
 I sewed a zig zag stitch around the burlap to keep it from fraying. I then ironed it folded over the ribbon and sewed.  There you have it!  A DIY burlap banner!
                                          I put it over our big mirror in our dining room area.


No comments:

Post a Comment