Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

I have been really excited to plan my menu this year for Thanksgiving. I think I narrowed it down (although I think I need to make something a little sweet or light...any ideas?) Here is what I decided:
Turkey
Very Best Sweet Potatoes (found at Tasty Kitchen)
Stuffing
Garlic Parmesan Green Beans (found at Tasty Kitchen)
Pumpkin Butter Gooey Cake

Then I brought alot of my favorite cook books to bed with me last night to find recipes for the leftover turkey so that we don't overload on turkey sandwhiches....even though I think Matt would kind of like that, I don't want to throw anything away. I am hoping to freeze or use 12 cups of leftover turkey.

Here is what I have planned:
Paula Deen's Turkey and Stuffing Casserole ( I am sure you can find it on Foodnetwork.com, I am using "Paula Deen Celebrates"

Turkey Shepard's Pie (Katie Lee Joel.... I have her website on the right of my blog)

Turkey Corn Chowder (from my Grandma Kitty's cook book. I will have to post this recipe at some point.)

Think on these recipes because you might be going to someone else's house where they give you some leftovers to take home. What are you guys making? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment