Saturday, April 7, 2012

Scheffer/Parsons Cinnamon Rolls

I feel a little funny being the one to post this recipe. I kept hearing about these cinnamon rolls that my friend,Sara, had the recipe for. I'm a die hard Pioneer Woman cinni lover so I had to try these out. I asked with a pretty please and she gave me the recipe. When I started posting pictures on Instagram, people started asking for the recipe. I asked Sara if I could share it and she was so nice about it. Blame Sara's mom for the extra 5 pounds you will put on after eating these pups. Here is Sara.Here we go! 2C. flour, 2t.salt, 2T yeast (2 packs), 2C. quite warm water, 1/2C. potato flakes (Betty Crocker potato buds), 1/3C.butter(softened), 1/3C. sugar,2 room temp. eggs

Place all of the above ingredients(EXCEPT THE EGGS) in a bowl. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth. Then add the 2 warm eggs, beat until mixed.
*Add 3 1/2C. more flour. Stir with a rubber spatula. Then with your hands, place dough on the counter with a lot of flour underneath. Cover the dough with the bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
Roll dough out into a rectangle, roughly 18x6 (Sara does it bigger to get a tighter roll with more goodies....trust me...do as Sara does). Spread butter over the dough (1/3C. or more)
*Mix together 1/2C. brown sugar and 2t. of cinnamon (Sara does more...so I did too.) Sprinkle evenly over the dough.
Roll the rectangle (lengthwise) and pinch the seam.
Cut about 1" slices and place on a greased pan. Cover with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight. (Sara says you can bake them the same day but give them a good amount of time to rise.) Take out the next morning and let them rise for 20 minutes.

Bake them at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (until lightly golden on top.)
Makes 18-20 rolls(roughly)

Frosting- 1/2C. melted butter, 1t. vanilla, 1lb. powdered sugar (roughly 4C.), 1/4C. milk, pinch of salt. Beat together until smooth. Spread over warm rolls.
Sara....AMAZEBALLS! Thank you for letting me share.

4 comments:

  1. Yes!!!!! So glad they turned out. A little easier than p-dubs :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like how I got a picture of you? haha

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh girls!!!!!!! Thank you Kell and thank you Sara. Ok, so since Sara has so many amazing recipes and her pics are equally as stunning-----I'm just thinking a cookbook would be good????? I totally think you should think about it Sara!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete