Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grandma Gorsh's Baked Beans

Me and Grandma (Mary) Gorsh
I told Matt yesterday that I wanted to do something this summer. Kind of like a food crawl through out the summer. We still need to watch our weight but I am thinking a little splurge once a week. (In this case twice because we had leftovers.) With Matt out of work right now, I still want to make amazing memories this summer but we can't spend extra money so... you have to buy groceries anyway right? I would like to try a new recipe each week.

I am going to post about our amazing burger later in the week but I wanted to share my Grandma's WONDERFUL recipe for baked beans. You HAVE to make them this summer for a BBQ.I dragged my Jr. Chef out of the pool to help me prepare the beans.

Grandma's baked beans. You'll be wanting her address to send her a thank you note after you try these beans!
Grandma Gorsh's Baked Beans:

VanKamp's pork n beans 2-3 cans (1 lb. cans)
1/4 lb. (4 slices) bacon, kind of crisp, crumbled
large hamburger patty, cooked and crumbled
medium onion
1/4 cup brown sugar
1T. molassas ( I never put this in because I don't have it)
1T. Ketchup
1T. mustard

Mix and heat. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I'll be thinking of you & Grandma G when I make these this summer. Thanks for the recipe (& for saying that you don't use Molassas - I don't plan on buying that either). Miss you!

    ReplyDelete