Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Couple of My Favorite Nashville Flea Market Finds



One of my absolute favorite things to do is to go to the Nashville flea market.  It is held once a month at the fair grounds.  It is $5 to park and then admission is free. I have to admit I failed taking pictures on this trip.  For one, I was on a mission, and two, it was a FREEZING 30 degrees.  Here are 2 pictures I snapped.





My story is that I am terrible at commiting to a picture.  I can't decide so I pass it up.  I had seen a woman who did amazing country style oil paintings there and fell in love with them.  They were a bit pricey but they were originals.  Matt and I saved our Christmas money and went back to get one.  We wanted something that looked "farm chic".  Ok.  I made that up but you get the point.  Because they were pricey, I prayed that Matt and I would fall in love with one or both want to walk away.  Well.... although they were beautiful, we walked away.  Since it was so cold he took the girls to the car and told me to take my time looking around.  It was freezing but I was so excited to walk around for a bit by myself.
  I got to a man who had all of his treasures laying out and I saw this picture, dusty laying on the ground in the exact size that we were looking for.  It would actually be perfect!  I took a picture and sent it to Matt.  I asked the man how much it was and he said $25!  WHAAAAT?  I actually think it was a reasonable price but I was so excited because of what I had planned to spend on a picture.  This wasn't an original oil painting but I loved it.  I asked him to take $20 (shout out to Dave Ramsey, never take full price!) and it was mine for $20.  
It cleaned up really nice and looks great above our couch.  It grows on me more and more everyday.  Matt loved it too.
If you notice the pillow on the left , I also bought an old grain sack at the flea market for $5 and made a throw pillow out of it.
I'm sure I will blog about this flea market again and take more pictures as the weather gets better.  Ya'll come visit and I'll take you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment